Fighting Irish Fighting Hunger™
Nearly 14% of the people who live in northern Indiana are food insecure. These neighbors, co-workers, friends and family members often don't know when they will eat their next meal.We all know how we feel when we don't have enough to eat. Imagine always feeling like you're running on empty.We can create healthier communities.
- 1 in 6 people in northern Indiana rely on the Food Bank of Northern Indiana and its network of 200 partner food pantries and feeding programs to eat.
- 1 in 4 childfren in northern Indiana live in a food insecure household.
- 65% of client households choose between purchasing food or paying utility bills.
- 69% of client households had to choose between paying for food or medical care in the past 12 months.
- 60% of holdshould had to choose between paying for food and housing in the past 12 months.